Contact: Captain Mike Arvizo, PIO Assigned - Contact # 909-289-6679
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Jeff Novinger - 909-384-5401
Incident Date: 05/22/15
Location: 3600 N Mountain Street
Time of the call: 11:32 AM
Number of Units: 8 Engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 2 Battalion Chiefs
Number of Firefighters: 27 Firefighters, 2 Chief Officers
Property Damage: Unknown loss
Personal Items: Unknown loss
Property Saved: Multiple units surrounding the structure
• Arriving Firefighters found one upstairs bathroom involved in fire in a two story condo style apartment.
• The fire traveled up a wall into the attic space of the multi unit building.
• The affected apartment was vacant and was being renovated at the time.
· Surrounding units were evacuated because of possible fire spread.
· One neighboring unit suffered damage to its adjoining bathroom and laundry room.
· The fire was brought under control within 35 minutes. Mop up continued for another hour.
• The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.