Contact: Captain Ben Alexander, PIO Assigned - Contact # 909 384-5403
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Grant Hubbell- 909-384-5401
Incident Date: 09/17/14
Location: 1248 N Waterman Ave
Time of the call: 09:16 AM
Number of Units: 10 Engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 2 Battalion Chiefs
Number of Firefighters: 33 Firefighters and 3 Chief Officers
Property Damage: $225,000.00 structural and finishing
• Fire Crews were dispatched to a large commercial structure fire.
• Arriving Firefighters discovered a 2-story vacant commercial building fully involved in fire.
• A second alarm was ordered along with 2 additional units to help fight the fire.
• Firefighters were able to control the fire within an hour of arrival on scene.
• Arson investigators have determined the fire to be suspicious in nature and have taken two individuals into custody for questioning.
Due to increased ambient temperatures, San Bernardino City Firefighters urge all citizens to be vigilant and immediately report fires via the 911 system.