Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Grant Hubbell 909-384-5401
Incident Date: 03/31/15
Location: 1714 N. Pershing Ave (view map)
Time of the call: 0339hrs
Number of Units: 2 Engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 1 Battalion Chief
Number of Firefighters: 9 Firefighters and 1 Chief Officer
Property Damage: $20,000 structural
Property Saved: $50,000
- Fire Crews dispatched to a report of smoke and fire coming from a residential structure.
- Arriving Firefighters discovered a detached garage behind a single-family home fully-involved with fire and spreading to surrounding debris and vegetation.
- Firefighters protected an adjacent occupied structure threatened by radiant heat and flames.
- Fire Crews quickly extinguished the contents and collapsed roof structure of the garage.
- The fire was brought under control within 10 minutes of arriving on-scene.
- The cause of the fire is still under investigation but has been labeled suspicious in nature. The property was an abandoned home and no one was displaced as a result of the blaze.
- Arson Investigators questioned 3 individuals that were detained by SBPD for questioning. The individuals were seen leaving the property shortly after the fire was reported. No arrests have been made.
- This was the third suspicious fire at this particular address in the last 6 months.
San Bernardino City Firefighters urge all citizens to report dangerous property conditions to the Fire Prevention Bureau or city Code Enforcement immediately upon recognition.