San Bernardino City Fire Department
Contact: Engineer Mike Arvizo, PIO Assigned - Contact # 909-289-6679
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Alan Duggan - 909-384-5279
Incident Date: 07/17/14
Location: 3271 N. Wall
Time of the call: 10.08 PM
Number of Units: 5 Engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 1 Battalion Chief
Number of Firefighters: 18 Firefighters and 1 Chief Officer
Property Damage: $75,000 structural and finishing
Personal Items: Unknown loss
Property Saved: $250,000
• Fire Crews were dispatched to a report of ‘the smell of smoke’ in the area of 3271 Leroy.
• Arriving Firefighters diligently scoured the neighborhood until light smoke was seen coming from attic ‘whirlybirds’ at 3271 N. Wall
• Firefighters forced entry into the structure and found the kitchen area fully involved in fire.
• The residence was currently being vacated and cleaned out by family members of the homeowner who was recently placed in a retirement living facility.
• The fire was brought under control within 15 minutes. Mop up continued for another hour.
• The cause of the fire was attributed to an unattended oven cleaning procedure.
Please do not leave ovens unattended while in operation