Friday, October 24, 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Contact: Captain Jason Serrano, PIO Assigned - Contact # 909-384-5402
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Grant Hubbell 909-384-5401
Incident Date: 10/7/14
Location: 771 W. 17th Street
Time of the call: 18:40
Number of Units: 4 Engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 2 Battalion Chiefs
Number of Firefighters: 17 Firefighters and 2 Chief Officers
Property Damage: $1,000 structural and $0 contents
Property Saved: $75,000
- Fire Crews dispatched to a report of smoke coming from a residential structure.
- Arriving Firefighters discovered a single-family home involved with fire on the interior and beginning to spread rapidly throughout.
- Firefighters forced entry into the heavily boarded vacant structure.
- Fire Crews quickly extinguished the contents burning within the main living area of the structure.
- Firefighters were able to successfully protect the majority of the structure due to early recognition and reporting by neighbors.
- The fire was brought under control within 8 minutes of arriving on-scene.
- The cause of the fire is still under investigation but has been labeled suspicious in nature. The property was an abandoned home and no one was displaced as a result of the blaze.
- This was the second fire in a vacant structure this afternoon. Shortly after 5pm the SBFD responded to the 1000 block of W. 11th Street for a similar incident.
San Bernardino City Firefighters urge all citizens to report dangerous property conditions to the Fire Prevention Bureau or city Code Enforcement immediately upon recognition.