Contact: Fire Captain Kenny Yellen, PIO Assigned - Contact # 760-617-6317
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Dan Harker - 909-384-5401
Incident Date: 04/15/14
Location: 1656 North J Street
Time of the call: 7:15 PM
Number of Units: 5 Engines, 1 Ladder Trucks, 1 Battalion Chief
Number of Firefighters: 18 Firefighters and 1 Chief Officer
Property Damage: $30,000 structural and finishing
Personal Items: Resident’s belongings extensively damaged or destroyed
Property Saved: 145,000.00
• Fire Crews were dispatched to multiple reports of a residential structure fire.
• Arriving Firefighters discovered an occupied residence with fire coming from the rear bedroom extending throughout the home.
• Firefighters ensured all occupants safely exited the building and began an aggressive interior fire attack controlling the rapidly advancing fire in just 10 minutes.
• Unfortunately the residents of the home (2 adults, 3 children) were displaced due the damage incurred.
• Red Cross was called to assist with temporary housing and support for the family.
• The cause of the fire is still undetermined and remains under investigation.
*** This was the 3rd working structure fire today for SBFD ***
San Bernardino City Firefighters urge all citizens to check batteries in smoke detectors and replace after unit every 10 years.