San Bernardino City Fire Department
Contact: Engineer Mike Arvizo, PIO Assigned - Contact - 909-289-6679
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Dan Harker - 909-384-5279
Incident Date: 07/28/14
Location: 1425 N. E Street
Time of the call: 10:19AM
Number of Units: 9 Engines, 2 Ladder Trucks, 2 Battalion Chiefs
Number of Firefighters: 33 Firefighters and 2 Chief Officers
Property Damage: $300,000 structural
Personal Items: Vacant
Property Saved: $800,000
• Fire Crews were dispatched to multiple reports of a commercial structure fire.
• Arriving Firefighters discovered a vacant commercial building with heavy fire coming from the front of the structure
• Firefighters made an aggressive interior attack until an air-conditioning unit fell through the roof endangering the firefighters below.
• Firefighters were able to successfully protect 2 adjacent structures from the severe radiant heat and also kept the fire confined to the structure of origin.
• The fire was brought under control within 30 minutes. Mop up continued for another 1 hour.
• The cause of the fire suspicious and is being investigated by arson investigators.
Please report any suspicious activity in and around vacant boarded-up structures to local law enforcement.