Contact: Engineer Mike Arvizo - PIO
Date: February 4, 2014
Location: 1795 E. Gould
Time of the call: 0609 hours. First unit on scene 0613 hours
First Unit on the scene: ME231
Number of Units: 5 Engines, 1 Truck, 2 BC’s
Number of Firefighters: 20
Injuries: None Fatalities: None
Property Loss/Damage: $45,000 Structure Loss Contents Loss: $50,000 Unknown
Property Saved: $50,000
- First arriving unit encountered a single story home with fire in kitchen and small room off the kitchen.
- Aggressive firefighting tactics helped extinguish the involved rooms.
- One female minor was transported to local area hospital due to smoke inhalation.
- Loma Linda Fire also sent one engine to assist.
- Six family members have been displaced due to the fire.
- SBFD arson investigators are still investigating the fire but have deemed the fire as being intentionally set.
Please check your smoke detectors to ensure they are operable.